The largest packaging waste recovery organization ECOPACK Bulgaria is an active partner in the “Let’s clean Bulgaria for a day” campaign.
ECOPACK also took part in bTV’s “Pure Knowledge” initiative prior the main campaign with educational and informational activities aiming to show people that the separately collected waste is really being recycled and everyone’s actions contribute to the preservation of nature.
For May the 12th ECOPACK has provided materials to its 95 partner municipalities. These include over 30 000 plastic sacks (yellow and black) and the same amount of gloves. The materials will be delivered by the municipalities to the volunteers.
On May the 12th ECOPACK will open points for yellow sacks giveaway in 6 large cities:
1. The “Borisova garden”, near Lake Ariana
2. “Hipodruma” park.
1. In front of Kaufland hyper market, near Mall Varna in “Mladost” district;
2. In front of CBA market in “Chaika” block, “Primorski” district
1. “Charodeika” block, next to 212 apartment block (near the market)
2. The park of youth
1. The beach side near Bunkera
2. “Mineralni bani” park
1. Storgozia block, at the parking lot in front of “T-Market”
2. Drouzhba block, at the parking lot in front of “Ruzhe” market store between Drouzhba 1, block 137 and Drouzhba 2, block 216
1.In front of the Municipality’s building;
2. In front of BILLA hyper market – Sofia-Varna main road
Only plastic and metal packaging waste can be collected in the yellow sacks, such as:
Plastic bottles, plastic cups, plates, yoghurt buckets and milk bottles, tubes and bottles from cosmetic and sanitary products, nylon, bottle cases as well as metal bottle lids and soda cans. The packaging should be relatively clean before being collected. If they are too soiled with food leftovers, grease and mud they should go to the black sacks for domestic waste.
Other kinds of domestic waste that should not be thrown into the yellow sacks are: soiled paper, food, fags, vegetal waste (branches, grass, and bushes), furniture components, ceramic vessels, flat glass, batteries, electrical appliances and so forth. Such waste should be thrown into the black sacks.
The full yellow sacks should be left beside or next to the yellow containers in the giveaway points’ areas or in the other city areas. ECOPACK will transport them from these points to the sorting facilities and recycling factories.
Data about the collected waste and saved resources will be provided upon ending of the initiative.
Let’s clean Bulgaria for a day!